Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 8: Weddings!


A blushing bride, a dapper groom, and cake. These are the three most important aspects of a wedding, right? It’s debatable, however I do love to see her dress and his reaction to her walk down the aisle and then the delicious dessert that follows is icing on the cake. (Pun intended) Every wedding is so different yet at the end the result is the same; two people have joined their lives together. Last year I read Timothy Keller’s book The Meaning of Marriage (I highly recommend it) and really enjoyed it. No, I am not getting married but I enjoy reading a biblical perspective on marriage. As a single person, what I read encouraged and excited me.

“Within this Christian view of marriage, here’s what it means to fall in love. It is to look at another person and get a glimpse of the person God is creating and to say I see who God is making you and it excites me! I want to be a part of that. I want to partner with you and God in the journey you are taking to his throne. Each spouse should see the great thing that Jesus is doing in the life of their mate through the word, the gospel.”

I’m always so excited when I get to share in this fun day with friends or family as they embark on the journey that is marriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment