Friday, August 30, 2013

College Football Y'all


The world around me is gearing up for football season. Flags have been mounted on cars, high school buses are cutting me off in traffic en route to games, and ESPN has already predicted a champion and Heisman winner. It’s Friday night and I know that many guys are gearing up to run through some sort of banner (hopefully it’s spelled correctly) and the stands are already filling up. It’s an exciting time as fall is on the cusp and rivalries are heating up.

Football, football, and more football. From now until January that’s what the topic will be. I’m sure Facebook will abound with posts and trash talking that will cause friendships to be severed. Football is the thing that can bring out the best and worst in people and do so in one breath.

Since moving to Seattle I have not been to a college football game in two years, tomorrow begins three. I miss it. I miss the tailgating, the eagle flying, and the run-out videos. For me, those are the things that bring together the entire experience that is Auburn football. While I will miss being in Auburn and with that “family” I am excited to enjoy the season in Seattle. It looks different, instead of heading to Jordan-Hare I’ll go to Buckley’s Pub and watch the game with maybe 15 or so of my closest friends, not the 86,000 plus, I won’t have the awkward face and neck tan from having the sun on only one side, and I won’t have to spend money on concession-stand food. All in all it’s not bad, only different. Here’s to a new year, War Eagle!





No comments:

Post a Comment